New Zealand Immigration Advice

New Zealand Immigration Advice

Should you wish to apply for a New Zealand visa there are three primary ways to do this:

1. Complete the appliance kind your self
You may choose the visa you want using the Immigration netsite and full the applying kind yourself with the knowledge offered by Immigration New Zealand.

Each visa type has an application type and accompanying guide. We suggest you read the guide earlier than attempting to complete the appliance form.

Don’t worry if you get caught alongside the way; you'll be able to contact Immigration New Zealand for help.

2. Engage a licensed immigration adviser
You can engage a licensed immigration adviser to assist you along with your visa utility but they must have a present licence.

An individual who provides New Zealand immigration advice without being licensed or exempt commits an offence.

Before participating an adviser, check the register of licensed immigration advisers to verify the person you are partaking has a valid immigration adviser licence. Check the licence expiry date and type of licence (some advisers may solely be able to advise on limited areas).

The Authorities's Immigration Advisers Authority provides data on who may give New Zealand immigration advice and explains how to complain in case you are unhappy. Additionally they provide a helpful information about Licensed Immigration Advisers.

Should you've got any problem finding a licensed immigration adviser or complaining about one, you can contact the Immigration Advisers Authority directly. The Authority is answerable for licensing immigration advisers, receiving complaints and taking motion against those giving immigration advice and not using a licence.

3. Engage someone who is exempt from the license requirements
You can even seek immigration advice from people who are exempt from the requirement to hold a licence.

Outside New Zealand this exemption includes:

training agents who are solely permitted to present immigration advice on student visas
legal professionals with a present New Zealand practising certificates
foreign diplomats and consular employees
staff of the New Zealand Government who present immigration advice as a part of their job.
In New Zealand this exemption includes:

legal professionals with a present New Zealand practising certificates
members of Parliament and their employees who present immigration advice as a part of their jobs
authorities staff who give immigration advice as a part variation of a condition of work visa their jobs
volunteers at Neighborhood Law Centres or Residents Advice Bureau.
The Legislation Society website might help you find a lawyer or authorized agency or check that your current lawyer has a current New Zealand practising certificate.